Saturday, November 18, 2006

Shout Outs from the Clouds

OK, so i'm squeezing my second post offline on Continental Airlines. welcome to the world of laptops. welcome back, Mac - it's been too long Steve, but now i'm back from the Gates-cide on my wizzay back to the fareastside. the illuminated keyboard is one of the sexiest things i've seen on a machine in a while... i'll be writing fast as i'm running against the battery up here above Moscow. 14 hour non-stop flights rule.

just for the record, Naya is hands down the best 2 year old in any situation involving 2 year olds, and i'm not saying that just because i sired the little squirt. sorry, i've heard just about every infant on this flight wail about something and Naya just managed to sleep through it or be content to play hide and seek through the blanket they still give you free of charge these days. apparently, the drinks aren't free on international flights anymore...i had to drop a five spot for some shabby merlot at 6:45 (am) because i can't even sleep on the longest non stop flight i've ever taken in my life. i'll check if it's the longest one in general when i'm back online. it's been OK so far, the worst part was a steward dropping half a pint of milk on me - they shouldn't let guys do this job if you ask me, but the rest of the crew i dealt with weren't so cheery either.

The fact we are even on this flight amazes me with all the logistics dealt with since we decided to relocate to Delhi in September. this afternoon was an exercise in load balancing beyond the bounds of most - baggage space was being allocated by the square inch, most bags were within a pound of the max weight limit. I need to give a shout out to Steve, Karen and Celia at K12 for giving me that extra 2 weeks to deal with everything - i think you all had a better idea of what i was up against than i did regarding the prep time - which is what makes you great people to work for and with i guess. As for the rest of the K12 posse, I am sorry that we didn't get to have one last toast (or waffle for that matter) before this all got going. Hope we can make it up when we're back for a visit in September 2007.

I thought the last movie I'd seen stateside was Art School Confidential, based on the brilliant comic by Daniel Clowes. However I manage to squeeze in Talladega Nights - The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, which seemed almost more apt as my last flick - not the best Will Farrell work - but hey, that's what plane moves are for.