Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Cream cheesy

My uncle can get cream cheese for Rs150. I haven't been able to find it for under Rs190.

I got into a fight the other day with a store manager about this (the same place my uncle got his) and after racking up a Rs1147 bill, I was furious that they wouldn't take 1100. I literally threw down the bag and walked away in tears. And then I prowled through INA market, a stinky, smelly, cracked-sidewalk-kinda joint, and couldn't find cream cheese for under Rs250. Finally, I just bought the Amul brand for Rs35 and felt better about life.

Naya saw her second movie in a theater in her short little life -- The Simpsons. She liked it but she said she liked Cheeni Kum and Amitabh Bachchan better. Her first movie, incidentally, was Born into Brothels. I took her when she was about four months old and in a stroller.

No comments: